> 6 Steps To Find The Right Product
Before diving into the wide selection of NALFA certified products, consider these 6 factors that can have a big impact on your final decision.
1. Consider design factors such as color, pattern, style, and finish
When it comes to design options, there is no shortage with laminate floors. Do you want a high-end hardwood look or a cool and contemporary stone look? Do you want dark and rich colors or light and airy? Determine the desired look for your room prior to starting the shopping process.
2. Consider functional factors such as traffic, sub flooring, grade of floor, temperature, humidity, and budget
Where is the room where you will be installing laminate? A main entry hall or kitchen that receives a lot of traffic may require a laminate floor with a higher wear rating, whereas installing on an upper floor may require a different type of underlayment compared to installation on a lower floor. Always check the manufacturer’s warranty before buying. The subfloor is another important consideration that will help you determine the type of testing and underlayment you will need.
3. Review available products that meet design and functional requirements and provide ease of installation, product quality, and a good brand reputation
Research, research, research. The more you know about the brand of your choice, the better prepared you will be to buy and install. Consumer reviews and 3rd party endorsements (like NALFA) are a great way to ensure you’re buying the right product for your unique design and installation needs.
4. Identify which appropriate products are NALFA-certified, for highest quality assurance
Once you’ve identified the brand you want, check out which products are NALFA certified. The NALFA certification seal is testament to that product’s quality because it has passed the 10 rigorous tests and the high standards of the organization.
5. Select a NALFA-certified product
You’re almost there! Now that you’ve identified the brand and NALFA certified product that you want, select the perfect color to transform your room from the collection available.
6. Purchase and install, either DIY, or using professional installers
Laminate flooring is easy to install for the do-it-yourselfer. Watch our informative installation video here to see just how easy it can be. Looking for a professional installer? Make sure you hire one that’s been through our NALFA installer certification school for the highest-quality, longest-lasting finished room.